What do we have on offer?
Below we have a description of each session or fitness class so that you know what each one involves –
- Pilates – Friday 9:30-10:30am & Wednesday 6:30-7:30pm – Pilates is a method of body conditioning. It’s a unique system of stretching and strengthening exercises that work the entire body. Strengthen your core muscles, increase flexibility, firm buttocks/thighs, and improve your posture.
- Yoga – Monday 7:00-8:30pm & Thursday 10:00-11:30am – Practising yoga is a way of keeping your body fit and supple. It is also a great way to cope with stress, relieve tension and deal with anxiety. It involves stretching postures that help to tone your muscles and joints.
- Indoor Bowling – Monday 1:30-3:30pm – We have an active group of indoor bowlers who play weekly in the Hall on Mondays from 1.30 to 3.30pm (October to March).
- Fung Yang Sau Kung Fu – Monday 7:00-8:30pm – Fung Yang Sau Kung Fu still retains its Taoist origins from its ‘roots’ in Feng Shou, the ancient ‘Li family’ style, reputedly over 2000 years old. It’s a great way to learn self-defence and build confidence. Kung Fu is one of the best ways to exercise, for everyone, young or old, male or female.
- U3A Activities – Madeley and District U3A is a charity run by volunteers. We organise 34 different activities for semi-retired and retired people, but welcome anyone of any age who would like to join in. Most events occur during the daytime on weekdays, and a few are in the evenings. Annual membership costs £17.50 and you pay £2 each time you attend an activity in the Centre (£1 for outside events). Our current list of activities is: amblers (morning walks), art appreciation, fiction and non-fiction book groups, boules (in summer), card & board games, creative writing, croquet, digital world, family history, hula hooping, French reading, monthly talk, music group, natural history, painting & drawing, philosophy, photography, ramblers (all-day walks), sewing, patchwork & quilting, philosophy, Spanish refreshers, table tennis, tai chi chuan, tangent poetry, tennis (in summer), u3a trips, dining & lunch club, quiz night. The monthly timetable and enrolment forms can be found on our notice board and full details are in the separate u3a Handbook available from the help desk at the Madeley Centre and on our website above. Website: https://madeleydistrictu3a.wordpress.com/
Please use these contact details below –
- Phone – 01782 751808
- Email – email@example.com