The mobile public library comes to the Madeley Centre car park every other Tuesday.
Madeley Parish Council
Madeley Parish Council holds its monthly meetings in the Centre, on the first Thursday of each month at 7pm. The Centre is very grateful to the Council for an annual grant it provides for the maintenance of the grounds around the Centre as a public space. Enquiries about Parish Council matters should be addressed to the Clerk to the Council: Janet Simpson 07563 660298 email@example.com
New2U Charity Shop
Our Charity shop opened in July 2012 and has been a great success! The proceeds from the shop make a significant financial contribution to funding the Madeley Centre. New2U also helps our environment by giving a second life to articles that we no longer have a use for. Goods we cannot sell are donated to charities supporting the homeless or animal welfare, so nothing is wasted! We sell only good quality goods and are grateful for all the fantastic donations we receive.
The shop is run by our volunteer retail team, who pride themselves on maintaining high standards and a friendly welcoming atmosphere. Please come and visit us. You will be pleasantly surprised by the variety of goods we have on offer. All donations of items for sale are gratefully accepted.
Please contact the Madeley Centre for more information 01782 751808 or if you’re interested in volunteering in our shop.
The Police Station within the Madeley Centre is staffed throughout the week, but they do go out and about. You should contact the police to report a crime or for advice on crime prevention. We are unable to pass calls through to the Police Station.
Call 101 to report crime and other concerns that do not require an emergency response. For example:
- Your car has been stolen
- Your property has been damaged
- You suspect drug use or dealing in your neighbourhood
- Give the police information about crime in your area
- You need to speak to the police about a general enquiry
You should always call 999 when it is an emergency, such as:
- when a crime is in progress
- someone suspected of a crime is nearby
- when there is danger to life
- when violence is being used or threatened.
Non-urgent local enquiries may be made to: PCSO Colin Hodgkinson 07812 967361 firstname.lastname@example.org, who is based at the Station here with other colleagues.
Full postal services now operate on Tuesdays from 9.30am- 12:30pm
From the Madeley Centre Post Office you can:
- post parcels using Royal Mail and Parcelforce
- withdraw cash from Post Office Card Account and major UK banks
- make bill payments
- tax your motor vehicle
- use Passport Check and Send
- obtain travel money and insurance
- open and operate Post Office Money savings
- obtain life, home and other insurance products.”